Thursday, June 20, 2013

~EVERGREEN~

The song "Evergreen" pretty much says it all for me.  Haven't you had that one love in your life that there are simply no words to describe what it was, or IS like and  you KNOW you will never have it again?  I used to think, "if I ever lose this I will never find it again."  
Love again..yes, of course.  We have a great capacity for loving.  Every person we love is in a different way.  Of course.  But that love "seldom seen by two" is what I had.  I was fortunate.  I was also fortunate to find love again..not the same..of course. 
One cannot compare.  I don't.  But when June comes and he is not here..I have moments of wanting to not be here.  To be with him.  This will never go away.  Ever.
 
I am addicted to Miracle Grow.  I add a tad to my watering can nearly every time I water..and the results are amazing!  AMAZING, I tell you!
There is a little log cabin in there..and some stepping stones..etc. etc..and I need to get out my little clippers and clear the pathway... :) 
 
No need to worry about these new little plants.  They have taken off and seem to be shouting for joy!
 
I set a little log cabin bird house in there..until I can find the little Fairy home I want or...OR..make one myself.  The little Fairies in th meantime will just have to live in a birdhouse and I say I don't want to hear one single word from them about it being "for the birds!"  
OH..HAHAHAHAHA!!  :)
 
I added a pretty fern to the family room and got so tickled because the lighting was just perfect!
Doesn't take much to make me smile, does it? 
 
There is something about a fern that makes a home seem...good.  Right.
HOME.
 
I am so grateful for the love I have in my life.  Please do not think I am not.  But June is difficult for me. It just is.  My comfort is that my daughter and her daddy are together and the clock is ticking.
Love,
Mona


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful . . . how well I know this . . . It never ends when they are gone . . . there is new, wonderful and true . . . the other is still always there . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mona, I am thinking of you. June is a hard month for you.
    Your fern is perfect. The light coming in the window is perfect.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi mona...yes, we really never get over some of our losses. your firy garden is beautiful. i just noticed this morning that i need to fertilize. thanks for reminding me! we are in for a huge heawaves which i am dreading! joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps you need to put that cabin on a small mound as if it were in the mountains:) My heart is with you as you think back and look forward! HUGS coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful photos, Mona! You have such a green thumb! Lovely post as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your beautiful flowers...my aunt lived in Calif. and had the most magnificent flowers...
    our high winds, dryness and heat out here in West Texas isn't that good for growing lovely flowers.

    I can't even begin to imagine how much you miss Pat...you always will, I'm sure.
    I am so glad God put you and Pat together...Just think of all the people out there that NEVER find such a true love.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful rooster there in the lsat photo!

    Yes You definitely need to cut some plants around that little house :-) :-) :-) I love those flowers!

    Have a great day!
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that when I have to say "good-bye" to my husband I will feel just like you do. I am so blessed to still have him with me. You must be so thankful for the love that has come into your heart with the husband you have now. Thinking of you this June as you think of the past. (and look to the future.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that when I have to say "good-bye" to my husband I will feel just like you do. I am so blessed to still have him with me. You must be so thankful for the love that has come into your heart with the husband you have now. Thinking of you this June as you think of the past. (and look to the future.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all have times of the year that are hardest, Mona, and June is also memorable for me as it is my late father's birthday month. After so many years, I still miss and think of him too. We never forget those we have loved and who have loved us...as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home looks beautiful and your fairy gardens are amazing...I need some Miracle Grow stat! I hope you feel a little happier soon, but I understand why..it' OK to miss someone you love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to pin this today - GORGEOUS! sandie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts! Your comments are very important to me.