Tuesday, December 4, 2012

~TEACUPS AND ROSES ~

I know I am not the only one that does this but every year when I unpack the same things I have had for at least 58 years, I think, "It's time to get rid of some of this stuff.  I don't want my children to have to deal with all this junk when I am gone"  and I start sorting through what I want to use.
What I want to get rid of, or so I think, I put back into the cartons..and then never get rid of it.
 
I did it again this year..but I plan on being strong and as I put Christmas treasures away for another year I will definitely send those things off to Goodwill.  Yes!  This IS the year!
 
So..when I unpacked my little silk tree this year, which is new from last year..I suddenly decided to put it in the living room and ....
 
 ...decorate it with all the teacups I have collected from garage sales.  Some have no saucers..and what a perfect way to use them, and...
 
..I added the white roses from another garage sale find.
 
 
I am the absolute worst photographer ever!!  Sheesh!
Will I thin things out this year?  I'm really going to try hard.  It's just that ...it's so hard to let go.
Maybe because it's something I can control and that's why I hang on. 
(OH GOOD GRIEF!  Does that make me a ...HOARDER??)  Ok..that does it!  If I don't use it this year it goes! 
 
Much love this Christmas season,
Mona
 
P.S.  I am going to change that bow as soon as I find the one I am looking for.. it's..GOLD. :)
I am NEVER satisfied!  Pink?  WHITE???  :)
 


14 comments:

  1. What a treasure your tree is, I love it to bits. When you have guests you can get them to take a cup off the tree. It is fabulous. I do wish I could take a leaf out of your book to throw some STUFF out. I know I won't so I'm not even worrying about it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful idea. Oh Ethel, don't get rid of your Christmas treasures, just say "one more year". Giggle.

    Hugs,
    Beatrice (o:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, let me just say I know EXACTLY how you feel:) BUT, I am not parting with any of my stuff! I am serious! I love all of it and hope that when I am gone, my Grandkids will cherish the memories of each Christmas decoration! Do what feels right? Keep them or get rid of them, just do what makes YOU happy:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe we all are alittle bit that way! I too have many things that I should get rid of, but for some reason I am still hanging on. Hoarders....maybe! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cute. Nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodmorning Mona - what a lovely idea with the teacups and roses - very elegant indeed. I am sure we all go year after year, taking out and putting away - always with the thought to get rid of some, but somehow it just does not happen. I think your family would love to have some of your treasures to add to their homes, just because they are so special to (MOM, NANA)- very special indeed, with a long history or very special story. I have given some special items to my family and they have started their own collection of new n used, so to speak. The kids treasure these items as much as I have....and I still have lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have things in my Christmas stash that is almost as old as I am. It really is hard to part with some of those old pieces...I have no doubt my kids will have no problem throwing them out!
    Your tree is adorable, Mona.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a new bow will do the trick. I never thought of putting tea cups on a tree - that was so unique. And keep everything if you love it. Hugs. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in the paring down mode also. I decided that I'm going to put all the Christmas stuff I don't use on a table and let the kids go threw it and take what they want..the rest will go to Goodwill. Maybe the "stuff" will show up on someone's blog who goes to thrift stores. Now that would make me laugh! Your teacups are lovely and that's a great way to display and use them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tree- How very cute is that? I never thought I would get rid of ANY of my stuff but I started passing some things on to my kids this year. It's okay and I feel a bit "freer" for doing it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mona I love your Tree it is beautifull I also read about your Bear your first husband gave you.I Think he is still watching over you I beleive in these sort of things.I hope you and your Family have A Very Merry Xmas and A Happy New Year.
    Hugs Mary.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful tree full of treasures. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your tree is lovely all dress with your finds. I think it is quite unique and has it's own personality.
    We recently parted with some stuff, I never use. off to the Goodwill store.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tree is precious. Love it.
    I saw a wreath covered in tea cups somewhere in this large land of Blog..I don't have but about 3 tea cups so my wreath or tree would be very bare. :)

    Last year, I did exactly what you are thinking of doing. I sorted thru my bins of decorations and took a BUNCH to Goodwill. Sure felt better about it all, too. Of course, if ever I decide to do a larger tree now, I'll have to go look thru the thrift stores again. :))
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts! Your comments are very important to me.