Monday, February 9, 2015

~A BIT OF LACE ~

Well, I finally got off my lazy behind and did a few things!  I started with lamp shades I'm sick of...
Laced them up a bit..
AWFUL!  Why, oh why did I think I needed flowers on that shade.  Just the touch of lace would have been enough.   Just pretend they aren't there, because they are not.  I just now got up and went and RIPPED them off!  Just the lace at the top..and it's enough of a change to make me happy.  I cut all those dinky little tassels off...  :)  and now it looks perfect!   It's the little things..the little touches that make a home one's own.
I overdo things...I know..but
I mean, what do you expect of someone who has seven children in a row...  :)
The whole dresser top is going to get a "redo"...soon. (possibly..)

Added a different kind of lace to the bedside lamp.  All is crocheted.  That's me at age five, I think, and my baby brother, Georgie, who passed away at age 2.  It hurts to this very day.
My poor, poor mother and father.  He choked on a peanut.  I've written about it here a long time ago.

Yes, our bedroom is old fashioned...but OLD folks live in it!  :) It's a comfortable room...AND my wall paper arrived for the bathrooms and two wall in this room.  I'm taking the hallway paper right on into the bedroom.  
When I opened the bathroom wallpaper.. I could have cried with relief.  IT IS BEAUTIFUL!  The photo's of it did NOT do it justice...and the texture..just wonderful.  I'm so happy!
Can't wait for it to be done so I can show it to you.  I will remember to take before pictures this time!
*****************

Lets see what else..  
No one has EVER accused me of being smart..
SO...
...I bought a new doll, and I haven't a clue why.  Ever since the children were little, I have used toys that they no longer played with, to decorate with.  A little doll cradle on the fireplace..a baby doll in it..I mean why not.  
I love buying old things and fixing them up.  It's inexpensive and I know a lot of you do the same thing.  
And yes, the doll is a used one I found on ebay.  I'm going to change her clothes and dress her in baby girl clothes tomorrow.  She just came a few minutes before I took the picture.  I love that little face!

The news of the snow in Maine has us a little worried.  We have lots of people in Maine and the rest of New England.  
Be safe all of you who are inundated with snow!!  

Love,
Mona

I have some visiting to do.  DO NOT give up on me.  I'm on my way!!  :)

21 comments:

  1. I LOVE your bits and pieces of lace! I love your dresser-scape, your doll, ALL OF IT!!!
    I was thinking about completely redoing our guest room recently. I still want to redo a bit of it - as in take out the double bed and add a bunk bed with a double on the bottom and a twin on the top AND a trundle underneath - to hold all the quads when they get older. I like the way my house looks. It is mine and reflects me. My age, my style, in many ways - I AM my home!!!
    Let's make a pact! Only change what WE want to - not what we THINK we should!! I was thrilled to hear you speak about wallpaper!!! I am searching for new paper for our dining room. Can't wait to see YOURS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you decorate your home in your style. So much of blogland is follow the leader in the latest decorating trends.
    Our home should reflect who we are , and what we love.
    The little doll is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you decorate your home in your style. So much of blogland is follow the leader in the latest decorating trends.
    Our home should reflect who we are , and what we love.
    The little doll is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came by to say hi and see what your up to my dear.
    I love your pretty bedroom!
    Your so fun Mona, I always feel like I am visiting with an old friend.
    Hugs to you,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little doll. I have a collection of Teddy Bears and my sister-in-law has a collection of Christmas Bears. Funny the things we collect, eh. I love it and do enjoy my most fav - Mr. Megarity. I have had him for just over 40 years. I love your header and your page - it is so bright and cheery, just lovely. WE still got tons of snow, but we are getting back to normal very slowly, for we have gone into a deep freeze, so nothing or very little is melting. We need PH to send some sunshine this way. Vacation is over - get that mirror out and start reflecting the heat of the sun "Northerly". Thanks Buddy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lace addition to the lampshade and your bedroom is beautiful! Enjoy your day dear friend, sending HUGS your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your little lilt of a message . . . Just like we are having a visit with one another. Lace and ribbons and dollies and a brother choking on a peanut and death . . .
    So sweet and Mona like . . . how terrible that must have been for your parents . . . Your new little doll is adorable. I look forward to seeing her dressed and pretty like you will do. And wallpaper, can't wait to see the before and after.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that same sweet doll! She does have the cutest little face and you'll have so much fun dressing her. She can wear real baby clothes! Enjoy your day sweet friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS I have a doll on my blog this morning! Come and see! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mona, I was going to tell you visit Diane at Lavender Dreamer...but I see she has popped by and told she's playing with dolls today also. Good job on the shades. Sometimes we just have to change things up a bit. Have fun today. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great way to spruce up your shades! i think the snow is going to miss us again but we might get more ice. i sure hope we see some more snow before winter is over!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your lace shade on the lamp. Very pretty. Everything looks so nice. Cute doll. Will be looking forward to seeing the new wall paper. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  13. that doll has a beautiful face and hair, be sure to show us how she looks when changed into a baby doll.. that is a beautiful headboard on your bed..

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the lace additions!!!!

    gracious, I don't even have the "ummmmph" to try to fix up a lamp or two. ,-)

    have to save any "ummmph" for house cleaning!

    we couldn't have our every-2 weeks cleaning lady come, all the time we were sick. and now, she is sick. I've been doing some catching up, and today, we finish the project. (yes, we!) :-)

    and of course, another lovely Banner pic, here. with this much fun, betcha' you will continue to find different and pretty Banner pics, every other day......

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mona, having been born and grown up in New England for the first 33 years of my life... there is no worry about the snow! They know how to cope with it far better than most states in the nation. My 3 siblings said it's just coming a little faster than other years!
    Be happy you live in a sunny, snowless part of Cali! We have only had about 4" here on the prairie this year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mona, I do love your gorgeous bed room. It looks restful and pretty. I am like you I like pretty.
    More wall papering.. sounds good to me. I will keep watching to see the results.
    The new addition to your home (Little doll) has such a sweet face.
    It is always a breath of fresh air when I visit your blog.
    Hugs Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi! popped over from Theresa's blog. I love to check out new blogs every once in a while! (all the time..) lol! anyways, love your pretty bedroom and your new doll! I have a bunch of dolls.. and bears and little toys.. some of us never grow up! lol!
    anyways nice blog.
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes those little changes are all that's needed. I think your bedroom is sweet and even though we've never met, it's seems perfect for you! Good luck with the wallpaper. Didn't wallpaper paste get spilled on new carpet last time?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really loving the surprise of a new header with each visit of late! You are so good with them. Each one has been a real attention grabber.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Our homes should be a reflection of who we are and what we love most. Yours most certainly does just that! It's perfectly delightful and quite charming in every way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts! Your comments are very important to me.