Tuesday, April 27, 2010

~A GARAGE SALE SURPRISE...AND HOME TOWN HOMES..~

Saturday morning as usual, we rolled out early, made coffee and filled out mugs and we were off!

We headed to our usual starting point of the "Wood Streets" and got quite a surprise.



Yep. The entire main street of our town was lined with these signs! We were, needless to say, SURPRISED! Apparently it had been written about in our newspaper and we didn't even notice it. A Real Estate couple set the entire thing up.
PLEASE ENLARGE TO SEE BEAUTIFUL DETAILS ON FRONT DOOR, SHUTTERS, ETC. GORGEOUS!
As we headed down the first street, beside ourselves at the many signs, I snapped a picture of this home. I thought the stone work was wonderful. These homes are very old. Over a century most of them.

These tiny homes are very common on the Wood Streets..but some of the owners are now getting older and I think we are losing many of them. Tiny weeds have popped up on this one that would have never been there awhile back.

I even wondered if they were alright or still there.


This is one of my favorites!



I have always loved this home. It has not changed for years. I picked up two newspapers in front of the gate and put them over the fence. I wanted you to see the nice brick work on the sidewalk outside their yard! How nice!

I trooped around the corner to get a better look. Usually I am in a car zooming by. Husband's don't usually want to slow down for a look, but today sweet husband was SO accommodating and I was delighted!

Those darling little flower baskets...SO cottage!
Yep...going home and planting more flowers!! :)

Remember the little home I showed you last week and I said I wished they would have a garage sale?? Well, I ALMOST got my wish. At least their neighbor gave one.

...and our garage sale day began!

Tomorrow I'll show you some more little houses and what we bought! Let me tell you, I hit pay dirt! :) What fun!!

Love and hugs,
Mona

21 comments:

  1. Wonderful houses and homes! As You said, looks nothing like it does over here :-) Thanks for showing them!
    Have a great day now!
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona,
    I love that white house. It reminds me alittle of the Clark Gable/Carole Lombard ranch in Encino, CA It still stands today. I will have to do a post on that at some point. Also, the little spanish bungelow is wonderful. Thanks for helping all of us house nuts get our fix--hehe.
    xo
    Robin
    p.s. can't wait to see you finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Mona,
    I love seeing all the unique homes. The pretty gardens and walkways. I bet you find so much good stuff at these garage sales. Well, of course I already know you do! The one thing that struck me, is how close the homes are to each other. Oh, and thanks for leaving such a sweet comment. I always look forward to your visits.
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, I love all those houses, especially the dream cottage! The back is just as pretty as the front. The owners obviously love gardening and take a lot of pride in their home. Isn't it great to be able to walk up and down that street? Houses always are so much "more" when you're walking than when you're whizzing by in a car.

    Love your post!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. An early-morning adventure with Mona!! What could brighten First-Cup better!

    We have a lot of old streets like that, and the flower displays are just magnificent. Thank you for the tour, and I'll look forward to your tomorrow's treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what I would have given to tag along with you on this day...

    Such fun... Can't wait to see what you hauled home.

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! I love that you took photos of the houses to share with us! Can't wait to see what you found! I posted Wee ones this morning and mentioned you, my friend! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it was a wonderful day. Hmmm...pay dirt? Did you find some wondeful old shovels? I have a blog friend who hung one over her fireplace recently!
    Hugs,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loverly homes, Mona! I love the one with the picket fence too and all the pretty flowers.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Mona,

    I love that white house and the brick work is so pretty! I've always wanted to have a great big bird house like that :) It does make one want to get right out in the garden doesn't it?

    I'm off to work, have a great day :)

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delighful homes! I love the one with the white fence around it. Can't wait to see what you found!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely homes with so much character.I love your favorite too. So pretty.Hope you found some great goodies on your garage sale tour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Mona and Hubby as now I feel like I have just been on a most enjoyable outing. I love the stonework on the first house also. Looking forward to seeing your finds. Happy collecting...

    ReplyDelete
  14. waht a beautiful neighborhood, each house is lovlier than the last! thanks for taking us along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a neat neighbor and pretty houses. Thanks for a nice tour. I like your fav. best too. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much Sweet Mona for takin' us along on your charmin' cottage tour. I've been in the workin' pens all day with hubby and some of the cattle. Castration, vaccination, and dehornin' goin' on today. Hubby took a day off...heeehehehe!

    God bless and have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mona...your day sounded like almost heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish I was there! These homes are beautiful. Looks like the weather was on your side too. Can't wait to see your treasures...it's not fair, leaving us hanging like that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mona I have to say I loved all those homes, I would love to go browsing around there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Mona, you made me feel excited about saturday too.. yup, it's time for garage sale here as well in mississauga noting that the weather is really really nice.. we ought to visit the mississauga road where the houses are grander and the items they are selling are really great.. we really enjoyed the experience last year when we first arrived and this year, l'll follow your lead mona.. i will be bringing my camera too.
    sweet regards to you..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Charming houses and can't wait to see your finds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts! Your comments are very important to me.