Wednesday, April 1, 2009

~EASTER DECORATING...SLOW BUT SURE~

I found this little banner at Cherry Hill Cottage. Mika, Tina's daughter makes them so I snagged one. I added little wooden bunnies at the corners. My little hutch is a wee bit over done...but hey...it EASTER! The more bunnies the better!

Easter decorations are now getting into full swing. I went off to Michaels and bought myself a sheet of ..some very smooth firm board. It isn't foam but something like it. I spray painted it brown and used craft glue to attach sheets of moss. Only and top and edges are painted. I love the way it looks.

I found these four little Lefton chickies on ebay. I won the auction and was so excited. I have always wanted a couple of these and I won four! Well, they arrived.. and were double boxed with peanuts between them and the outside larger box.
Each chick was wrapped in tissue and then in a couple of layers of bubble wrap. I was just starting to unwrap the second little chick and it was just about two inches above the counter. I was being very careful and was about to cut the tape when suddenly it smashed down on the counter and I heard a "CRUNCH!" Howard jumped and turned around and said "Wow..that sounded like something broke! What happened?!" I could not believe it! I had NOT dropped it. It just jerked and banged down on the counter suddenly and I also heard the sound of breakiing glass. I carefully opened it the rest of the way...undid the layers bubble and tissue and...yep. The entire toe was broken off! We just stood there shocked looking at one another.
I have no explanation..other than...LOL Poltergist? A ghostie with a an inclination to scare Mele and smash chickies. :) It mended beautifully and you can't even tell.
Happy decorating!
Mona

11 comments:

  1. I really like the thing with moss on it. Smart idea!

    Sometimes it can be a lot of tension in the china, perhaps there was a tiny tiny bubble of air? and then it can crack for no reason at all. Good thing You could mend it so well.
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your moss shelf is really nice. Love all of your Easter decor. I love seasonal decor (at least putting out -- I'm not good at putting up!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just have to tell you how wonderful your blog is looking. You've come a long way, baby.

    Love the chickies in the basket.

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday! I love meeting new people with common interests, like the bunny on the stick. Those are found at Pier 1...who doesn't love that store! I really enjoyed my visit on your blog today. You have a beautiful home!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mona, your hutch looks spectacular. I am very impressed with the moss board. What a great idea. Those chicks are too cute. What a sweet find. Hope your Thursday is warm and lovely! Hugs, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning, Dear Mona! Oh, how nice to be back and get connected to my sweet friends again! I love your little Easter banner and in my book, you can never put out enough! I love the looks of your hutch with all your little Easterly things!
    Now, Mona, I've been scrolling down and saw Maryalice's home! oh, my goodness, my heart is pounding - it's truly an amazing cottage! I love it! Those floors, the ceilings and beams the cute little windows, the dutch door! It's like a fairytale house come to life! Now, Mona, your daughter has the most beautiful things too and has a very special decorating touch - everything is picture perfect! Tell her I was so relieved to know her sofas had doggy chewing on them. I was about to get jealous because everything was so perfect! lol :) Thank her and you for sharing this wonderful home with us. I think you did a marvelous job of the pictures and explaining everything! You've arrived, my sweet friend!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about the broken chick but you mended it and most likely no one else would suspect.
    Love all the bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mona, I love your decorating! You do such a good job. The chicks are adorable. I'm glad you got them! Sorry the one broke, but was easily fixed. Thanks for sharing the pics!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow close call with your chicky! They look adorable in the basket! The banner is cute there too! What am I saying, everything is cute! lol

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have great things -- that hutch is full of things for a wonderful tablescape! And you're so talented with the moss shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have fabulous Easter decorations! I love your little mossy shelf. Beautiful dishes, and those are the cutest little chicks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts! Your comments are very important to me.