Friday, March 5, 2010

~MY LITTLE QUILTS AND FOUND TREASURES...~

My little Mele waiting patiently to share my morning toast...



Someone asked me about the little quilt I have on my table. I have several of them and I bought them at Tender Heart Treasures. I'm sure many of you have heard of it. I seldom buy anything from those little catalogs, but as for the little table toppers or throws, I have found theirs to be wonderful. Softly aged.

The garage sales have been rained out for the past two weeks..and could be tomorrow by the time you are reading this. So yesterday we decided, since we are RETIRED and can do what we want we would spend the afternoon going to Thrift stores..namely Goodwill and Salvation Army.

At the Goodwill Store I found a pretty print of a bunny with TWO mattings of rose and white for with a perfect frame. A little milk pitcher, a wonderful heavy pewter frame with velvet backing in perfect condition.
At Salvation Army, a Pottery Barn red and white checked shower curtain and matching window curtain from JC Penny's Home collection, a etched glass brandy sniffer and a Westmoreland milk glass larger creamer.

I loved this little frame, perfect for a grandchild's picture...in like new condition for .99 cents. VERY heavy!
It's difficult to see the cut double mattings but they are very nice. The back is totally covered and the frame is beautifully made. It cleaned up so nice. Not a single scratch on the glass. $2.99. Not bad at all!

The Pottery Barn shower curtain is nice heavy material. The curtain with the buttons will be made into a valance for the bathroom window. I will use the large covered buttons on it to make tie backs for the shower curtain? I got the shower curtain and window curtain for $8.00. Someone made a mistake, I'm sure. I scored! Yippee!

I thought this little milk pitcher was so sweet with the raised cherries. 99 cents. It can be used for so many things..including MILK. :) Can you see the large covered buttons on the curtain? It doesn't look like it was ever used.

I hope you can see the leaves and vine etched in the brandy sniffer. $12.50. Not a great deal but remember the apothecary jar I broke? The lid must might fit this..we shall see.

And this Westmoreland milk glass creamer. $8.00. I collect Westmoreland milk glass..so to me it was a deal. Enlarge the photo and look at the grape vines..sooo pretty.

I just put some apples in the sniffer so you can see the size.

We had such a good time and that's what it's all about. Finding deals and enjoying the day. So..Di..get out there! All of the deals will be GONE! (I'm teasing! I know ya got SNOW!) :)

We have been taking loads of things to Goodwill since we redid the house. Out with the old and in with the new. I am off to bed!

Love and hugs,
Mona

19 comments:

  1. Good morning!! *rises and shines* Oh, our snow is already gone.... it was kind of a flash snowstorm that dropped an inch or two from the sky and melted the next day. I went second- hand store shopping yesterday and purchased 2 items. Will share them on my blog soon. Isn't it fun buying other peoples stuff? LOL

    DI
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are great finds! Great detail in the jar and the buttons are very cute on the curtain. It's so fun when the deals are good and perfect for your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little face waiting for breakfast -- and what wonderful treasures as well -- you did get some good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'morn, Mona ~ TY for popping by. What lovely finds you have ... love the bright reds & the beautiful silver frame. Never can have enough frames for those wee kid-lings pics, can we?

    THT does have some very nice merchandise ... we used to sell a lot of the garden items in our shop ... TJMaxx sells tons of this same merchandise for far less than the catalogue.

    I'll continue my painting to get our master bath finished up ... & tomorrow I will start painting the interior of Ashley's home ... I love!!! painting walls & trims.

    We surely will take a ton of pics for sharing with our friends-family when Sherry arrives. It will be a lot of fun ... looks like a pretty nice gathering is forming. I will be tickled 'pink' for Sherry to meet them all.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pottery barn buys! Wow! How great! Everything is wonderful and it's so much fun to shop when you don't know what you'll find! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning, Mona! Oh, look at that darling little Mele! Such a cute little face! Hope you've given her some toast! :)
    I love your little finds! I need to go thrifting,
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a good day, Mona. Cute bunny picture...my favorite is the little Westmoreland creamer. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made a killing, Mona!! I love everything and best of all, you had a great time. Our yard sales won't start up for another month or so when the weather warms. I have lot's of patience! ;-)

    Have a great weekend, sweetie!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful finds, Mona!

    I don't know what happened with the follow thing at the back porch. I notice, once in awhile, the number goes up and down. Did you try following again? It's a puzzlement, for sure!:-)

    Hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so good in finding great deals, Mona. I love verything you bought..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. That´s a good thing being retired, one can do whatever one wishes whenever one wishes to do it :-)

    So there actully are something called Pottery barn! I thought that might be made up in the tv-show Friends :-) :-)
    Have a great day now!
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable face on your little Mele! She could have anything she wanted for breakfast. You really did find some treasures that. I'm expecially lovin' that little bunny print. I collect bunnies amount other little critters.

    God bless your day and enjoy all those great finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. good morning mona, Mele is adorable.. I love all the treasures you found, would be a great time to go thrifting with you... I looked back over the posts I'd missed.. I love all your changes.. I can't believe you were going to thrift that beautiful hutch away... it is gorgeous girl.... just wanted to pop in and say a big hello.. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful treasures you find! Mele is adorable. Happy weekend!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  15. you my dear definitely scored big...what great finds! Mele is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well you have inspired me to go out and hit up the thrift stores today! I just called my sister to see if she wanted to tag along. Hope I find some good treasures like you did.

    Hey, my dog gives me that same look when I'm eating too! LOL So cute, who could resist giving a bite...or two. Maybe that's why my dog is so chubby!

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you found tons of pretty bargains. I love milkglass too. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun way to spend the afternoon! I love the little milk-glass pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  19. well first let me say "boy do I feel stupid" I thought for sure I was a follower of yours, but was not "am now for sure" just adore your writings, love your blog so much...what an amazing life you have had and are still having, I live in Fullerton, Ca...not to far from you huh...Thank you so much for the nice things you always comment on my posts, you are right I do work hard on the tablescapes, cause I love all that creativity so much, "you know that cause your a Libra too" thats why your heart sings when you see things you love, mine does the same thing....I hope you will add me to your favorites and pick up my button, nothing makes me happier...I love the fact that you and your husband do what ever you feel like going to GW shopping all day and lunching, unfortunitly my wonderful husband has ms and cannot walk that long, but does the best he can...I love everything you purchased especially the great pottery barn shower curtains, love them and the brandy snifter and the milkglass...nice to really meet you my friend I will be back again to visit and see your newest finds....Phyllis...Oh I forgot, My cat tina has a blog located on my sidebar and she will be featuring Mele soon, stop by...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts! Your comments are very important to me.