Friday, July 31, 2015

~SUMMERTIME BLESSINGS....

First, I want to tell you, before I move on to another "header"..that Lilly, my dear blogger friend in Canada, sent me those adorable little items in my header..the tiny tools, butterfly net and aren't those itty bitty gardening gloves just adorable?  Thank you, Lilly!   

I LOVE Summer, even if it is miserably hot!
Two Sundays ago, we were invited to my daughter's home for a seafood dinner and that same day we were hit by the mother of all California storms!  Bad!  Thunder, lightening, branches flying and nearly hitting our car as we headed up the hill to daughter  Erin's home.  We had slowed to nearly a stop and came to a complete stop a couple of times.  
I called to let them know we were on our way, but slowly..and needless to say, my family became anxious.  I mean we are rather older folks, to put it mildly. :)

Homemade ice cream and cake for dessert!  Even listening to the ice cream maker hum was a Summertime sound!

When we arrived we found my son in law all wet, waiting out front with two umbrella's for us.
Inside were two wet women who had been waiting for us until son in law discovered them and sent them back to their cooking and took up the wait.  

Ever had your heart swell with love and gratefulness for the blessings that we are fortunate enough to have?  That's how I felt seeing Jimmy waiting for us with the wind and rain soaking him.  Hugging those wet people....was almost too much for me and it was hard not to cry!

I am one lucky woman!  

Love,
Mona

19 comments:

  1. Mona, We all want to be loved...but when our kids show us they us...it touches our hearts. Glad you had a wonderful time with all of them. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet story mona! i would wait for you in the rain any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the gifts are lovely!! Perfect for you,,,
    Mona, I think you are an easy person to love,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful family and you are blessed for sure. Glad you made it safely and had a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Mona, you are Blessed in so many ways and you have the most wonderful family. That just proves how much love you raised them with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so blessed to have such caring kids,....glad you arrived safe and sound! hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you are a special lady in m eyes. Hope the fires and the storms calm down. haha gs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you Mona..hugs from my mountain to yours..gloria

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so sweet and I can tell you are a very much loved lady!!! Somehow I already KNEW that!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mona . . .i loved this SWEET post . . . so nice to be cared about . . .
    Homemade ice cream . . . YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waiting in the rain with umbrella's - how thoughtful and so sweet. Showing love like that is precious, just as you are and of course your Maine Man PH. I would love some of that home made ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this story! Thank you for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post with us. It is so nice to have children that care about you. Glad you got there safe and sound. I hope you enjoyed your visit with them. The ice cream looks yummy. have a blessed day and a wonderful month of August. Madelline

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was so sweet of them!!!!!!

    Glad you make it, safe and sound!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That icecream looks amazing! Delish! But the real amazing part is the love your family has for you and PH! However, if I lived in California I'd be so happy to see that rain I probably would be outside in it dancing! Glad you had such a nice visit....enjoy this Summer because it's flying by so fast...August already!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Family ARE the best as you have shown us so many times, Mona. Glad that you and Howard made the trip safely and were greeted with dinner and wonderful treats...and, of course, umbrellas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing better than feeling loved is there. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is precious Mona. How awesome to be able to be thankful for little things that mean so much!
    have a great week my friend
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts! Your comments are very important to me.