Thursday, October 30, 2014

~ IT'S ABOUT DECOR AND FUN and SERIOUSLY SPOOKY STUFF..~

...and ..CANDY!!

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!  I LOVE AUTUMN AND I LOVE THE DECOR...

I have no clue where or when I found this cake, but it was unusual  so I clicked on it way back when I first found I could save photo's by doing that.  It never occurred to me to write down where I found it..so if it's yours..just email me and I will give you credit.  Simply lovely!

I fell in love with this tablescape...if it is yours..do let me know..it's one of the neatest ones I've ever seen for Halloween.

Isn't this just charming?   I have been saying I wanted to copy this..I forgot I was going to do it..but maybe next year.  :)  
Do yo see those little black cat pots?  I  :)  almost can't stand it they are so cute!
If it's yours...just let me know..you CLEVER person!

Do you think this house is haunted?  :)
Yes, this home has history.  It is in my husbands family on Ingalls Island off the coast of Maine.
When I went in..there was a rocking chair..with an afghan over the back.  The sink still had the old hand pump.  It still works.
Everyone on the island uses well water that is either pumped or brought up in buckets.
PH and I walked the island. 
The strange thing was the only birds I saw..or heard ..were seagulls.

We spent a few days on the island, picking blueberries and raspberries..and watching the tide come in and cover the levy with ten foot of water.  It comes from two sides and meets, making it impossible to leave the island until the tide goes back out.  

The island is where I learned the meaning of the old saying "Time and Tide wait for no man!'
Person's have been known to come running across the Levy with their suitcases banging against their legs and the family yelling and screaming and encouraging them to keep running.  The Levy is covered with fairly good sized stones to keep it from washing away and is NOT easy to run on!
I was determined to see the tide come in and cover the levy so one day I sat and didn't move until the levy was covered in the ten foot of water. 
Yes, there is a little boat with a motor moored at the little dock.
So..do you think it's possible that Spirits could be there?   The island has been in the family for more years than one can remember.  
I believe.  I'm a believer.  
But then I believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.  :)

Just one more day...
Wish I was a kid again sometimes..but not now.
Not now.

Love,
Mona


22 comments:

  1. What a great get away. That is really interesting. I do believe that places have things that go beyond our earthly ken. We will never know this side of Heaven what is all around us and what it means.

    I could say a whole lot more but people already think I am a tad 'teched'....lol

    Great pictures! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a fantastic place and what a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure to have in the family. Getting close to nature seems to heal me and give me a fresh outlook.

    I would like to touch the house and see if I could "read" its history.

    I enjoyed all the decorations but love the crow the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed you, Mona...I've been a little behind on posting. These are great tables. I don't do much for Halloween since the kids have grown but I have a grand~girl on the way! It will be the start of a whole new life for all of us!!

    I am wondering if this property is still a part of your husband's family. I know you are on the west coast so I suppose Maine is the furthest from your mind, but I've always fantasized about a place like this to live!! Gorgeous, if not haunted! lol!

    Please let me know how you are doing, dear lady! Miss you.

    Lots of love,

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would love to have a place like that. i loved hand pumps when i was little. happy halloween mona! i posted that cake a while back because i thought i would make it for the fall party i never threw. i guess i saw it on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I would love to sit there and see if there what a wonderful place to have and enjoy. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dress up this morning and meet my pals for coffee at our sweet little "Somethin's Brewin' Cafe". Then we go about the local businesses and collect donations for the food bank, stroll about town and wave at passer-bys. Then the kids and friends drop by tonight for whatever the master goblin has prepared. What Fun!.....we have in our little town on Hallowed Eve. lol to you n Mirror Guy, my friend PH.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many little islands on the Maine coastline. This one sounds as isolated as some seemed to be! It's certainly a secluded way of life isn't it? Such an interesting post Mona! Wishing you a very festive Halloween 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That lovely old house may have a ghost, who knows.. when the wind blows and the roof creeks?????
    Like you I love the table setting with the crow and spiders. Some people are so very clever.
    Hugs Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boo, what a nice story to go along with Halloween, I love the decor as well,
    Barbara
    hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, what an amazing place, and such lovely Halloween images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to go there . . . looks so inviting!
    Love how you showed your LIKES and gave credit, even though you don't remember from whom . . .
    Very nice Mona . . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how exciting! To have been on an island, which the tide completely cuts off, at certain times!!! Kind of Le Mont Saint Michel in France.

    I especially like the white-with-ravens setting!!!

    And look at the new Header here. I love it.

    Witching you a very happy Halloween,
    Tessa~
    "Here there be musing" blog
    "Here there be more words" blog
    "Here there be whimsey" blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. it would be a crime to cut that cake, and i do like that tablescape.. and i do know you can copy it with no problem, but you have yours all decorated i am sure and don't need to copy it

    ReplyDelete
  15. check out this book store, you will love it
    http://anenglishgirlrambles.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-old-used-book-store-in-manassas-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post Mona. Enjoyed reading about the tide and the island. What a beautiful cake and table decorations. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't know you were from the East Coast of Maine. I have always wanted to go thee.

    Just stopping by to say Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh i love that house!
    such beauty in pure simplicity.
    and...
    take the spiders off that table and it's pure Halloween heaven.
    yes.
    sadly. even fake spiders give me the absolute willies.
    perhaps because i live in tarantula county.
    saw one climbing up my garage door one day the size of a salad plate. i kid you not.
    and do they ever jump!!!
    this is a terrific post dear heart. your happy spirit just grins all the way through it!
    XO♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mona, I ♥♥♥ the table...so glad that you saved it and are now sharing! I don't recall seeing it prior to this. It IS one of the best tables I have seen for Halloween.
    I am sure there are many spirits wandering the Maine coast...afterall there were many wrecked ships up there.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Mona, love the cake it is beautiful and the tablescape is also very pretty.
    Howard's place in Main sounds really neat. What a great place to vacation.Have a great weekend.
    Can hardly wait for the rain - yea.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your island, brings back some kind of a memory... About something I read. Was it a novel? Or was it one of those documentary things? Wish I could remember..

    About life on such an island. Don't think many people lived there. Naturally, they are tiny.

    Or was it something about someone's mother, who lived on such an island. And she could see the lights of the little house, from her mainland place???

    Phooie. Can't remember. Phooie. :-)

    Happy November,
    Tessa~
    "Here there be musing" blog
    "Here there be more words" blog
    "Here there be whimsey" blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. I believe too! What a beautiful place to visit. I hope your had a fun Halloween. I could have used that inspiration of a lovely tablescape for my Halloween party last night! Now it's all over and this year is going fast! It rained icy spriztes today...brrr!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts! Your comments are very important to me.