Monday, April 23, 2012

~I'M A BAD PLANT MOM..~

I have had this plant, sometimes call a "Mother in  Law's" tongue, and since Patient Husband has been helping with the watering..he doesn't know which ones to water lightly, not at all or daily!  It's not his fault.  Plants have never been one of his strong points he says. 
Yeah..I know!  A real mess!
So when I discovered this mess I decided to try and save it.  I pulled it all out and let it dry out.

I repotted it in fresh soil and saved most of my old friend.  It's so old I don't even remember where it came from. 

I tucked this little piece that was left into the little tin bucket on the red bistro table..it will be happy there and have lots of company.  Plants LOVE company, just like people! :)

The little table top is much more crowded now as you can see in the photo above.   But the more the merrier, I say.
With seven children, you probably already know that about me!  :)
..Ahh well..now where was I?
Oh yes,  I need to be a better plant mom.  Would you look at that POOR fern under the table?!  It has been like that forever, but I just cannot throw it out.  However..it's on very thin ice right now.

This beautiful little hot house rose was a gift..and I thought it was dead.  I sat the pot on this little ladder out in the warm son...and I just noticed..it is singing it's praises to the Lord! :) 
No wait!  That's me! :)  I was so happy it lived! 

I think these little step ladders make great end tables on the patio.  See?  See how much it's grown in just a week or two?? 

This is my most favorite table top..my hutch.  I fiddle with it..but my Brambly Hedge tea set and books stay right here.  They belong together..and the china was a gift from my children..a piece or two at a time.  First came the dishes...then the tea pot and so on.  I found the set of books at a garage sale.  25 cents each!  The hutch is nearing 40 years old now.

Tha, tha, that's all folks!  My tabletops for Tuesday.

HI MARTY!  Thank you for hostessing this neat blog party!!  I love it!

Love,
Mona

I'm joining our Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday!









17 comments:

  1. Great rescue for your mother in laws tongues.
    I have a little ladder that I like putting plants on as well.
    Love and Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mona,
    It's 3:20 a.m. here and I just got caught up reading your lovely blog! Geez...so much fun stuff! I love all of your beautiful plants, the new patio set with the adorable new cushions and your beautiful buffet with all the gorgeous dishes on top!
    I always feel like I got to visit with an old friend when I come by!
    And when I can't sleep that's so comforting plus fun too!
    Big Hugs,
    Cindy
    Wishing I was in California right now...I actually want some heat! Ok, well maybe not 98 but 80's would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Plant Mom". I like the sound of it. I'm not a very good one myself....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing your beautiful hutch vignette Mona.

    I can relate to being a plant mom. J is the gardener, but I am the plant mom. He tends to give some plants a little too much loving care.;-) I don't have a MIL Tongue these days, for just that reason.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pretty post...glad you saved the MIL plant. :) Us mother in laws don't wanna lose our tongues, ya know. :))
    What a great idea to use a step ladder on the porch or patio..I have one right here in my bedroom, leaning up against the wall, not earning it's keep at Sweet Nothings. Right out to the porch it will go to hold a few plants. Thanks for the inspiration. :))
    \xoxo bj

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got such a green thumb. Beautiful arrangements. Love your china too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have alot of plants to take care of! I'm not so good with indoor plants either. But, the ones I do have survive somehow! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning my dear friend,
    girl I'm with Howard give me a plant and I'll kill it for sure ha ha!! everything is looking so GREAT at your home..Len's going to Reno for a few days and I really do need the rest from cooking ha ha!! Maybe I can even get my sunroom done..Love ya girl..Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  9. True confessions - I AM A PLANT KILLER! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mona, by the looks of things I'd say you're a very good plant mom. It would appear your plants are thriving. You're table tops are all beautiful. You have such an eye for arranging things and everything always looks lovely and inviting. Enjoy your day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mona! Oh, I love your plants and looks like you saved your mother in law's tongue. I can remember seeing so many of these when I was a little girl, not so many now. I've seen them that were over 5' tall. Taller than me! ;)
    Your little red patio table is so sweet.
    Now your sideboard vignette is so gorgeous! I think you've been a busy bee!!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything that surrounds you and your home Mona is sweet - that is what you do - everything shines or trys to shine. Another thing plants like is music, so get some tunes out there, whatever your taste might be - soft sounds in the background and then of course where is your fish pond. Surely you have a fish pond :)...................don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems to me that your a pretty good plant mom since you've resurrected 'em form the dead! Heeehehehehe!!!

    Love those table tops baby...their tops in my book. I especially love that Brambly Hedge tea set. I'm smitten, I tell ya!

    God bless your day beautiful friend!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Mona, your plants are looking wonderful. You and my DH would get along just fine. He can bring most anything back to life and I am with your DH, I just don't know what needs to be watered and what doesn't. Using the little ladder is such a cute idea and holds several plants. Your hutch is beautiful. I love all of my furniture pieces too and find it really hard to replace anyting. Your teaset and books are definitely treasures. Precious gifts from your children. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mona-Your plants look great- well, maybe that fern under the table is the exception!;>) My plants would all die a horrible death if MyHero attempted to take care of them...I wonder if a person can get arrested for Planticide? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Plants love other plants as much as I love people! Good job on saving the Snake Plant, Mona...it's so gratifying, isn't it?...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your Brambly Hedge dishes and books. I remember years ago admiring them in a store. Now I wish I'd have start collecting them then.
    You certainly have a green thumb, Mona, and a wonderful knack for putting things together in an attractive way.
    Keep inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts! Your comments are very important to me.