Monday, August 17, 2009

~LOVE'S MORE BEAUTIFUL...~

Thank you to Diane at A PICTURE'S WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS for hosting this fun event!


.....the second time around...or the third.
This is just a little 1950's tract home but I love it and it has made me feel welcome. We are coming to know one another..this little home and I.
I think it knows I love it...


A very simple and humble little home. It was purchased when it was just a few years old...and it has only had two owners. Two children were raised here to adulthood by hard working parents. When the mistress passed away..I came to start her on a new life. There is history here.

There was nothing on the front porch but two plastic chairs and a little metal table where my husband and his wife sat, ate their lunch and lived a simple and life.


There may be nothing remarkable about this little fifties home..but..I consider these gorgeous Cyprus trees VERY remarkable. My husband planted them when he was about 26 years old and we have pictures of them as little seedlings. He is now 75. These trees make our home stand out..just a bit. They make us feel protected and special.



I did not preplan these pictures or I would have rolled up the hose (we were watering the side where the system does not do a good job. I also would have replaced the pot of flowers to little metal shelf under the window.



When I arrived there were no flower beds, no flowers and no roses..the block wall was two feet shorter..and no vines were growing on it. One day I hope the wall is covered and the rose bushes many and full. I like to think her late Mistress would have loved the roses and been pleased. Everyone has their own style...and this is mine.


The rest of the pictures are also nothing remarkable..just chairs and a cozy feeling. And...


that is all any home needs.

It really does not take much...just a little bit at a time. A love of fluffing and adding. Nearly every single thing in this little home is doing a "Second Time Around" and it makes me smile. New things hold little charm for me. I like history..and both this home and my husband and I have history...and love.


It's what makes a house a home!

Peace and love!
Mona

26 comments:

  1. Oh what a sweet home! It just says Welcome! Thank you for sharing a tour of your beautiful home and yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cottage is just so welcoming and cozy. There is just something special about it. I think it is the love you pour into everything you do!
    xo
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have a little old house that I have worked on for years to make it into the cozy home I love. Your home speaks volumes about the care you give it and your family. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mona - thanks for inviting us to your home -- It certainly looks quite welcoming -- just like you -- I can imagine that house as a happy home filled with warmth and love - the kind that bids you to come and sit awhile and says "Welcome Home" -- so glad that you're feeling better and up to a "visit" from us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, everyone has their own style when it comes to their home. Each time we have purchased a home I have tried to find one that already has a lovely yard decor and plantings.... probably because I'm not a planting kinda gal. Just don't like the bugs, worms and dirt that comes along with that kind of work... Yep, I'm a pansy! Your house is lovely and you have added a lot to it, Mona.. Good job!!

    Snappy Di

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pics of your home. Those trees along your driveway are huge! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your little cottage ,and your trees are amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful house that has been turned into such a beautiful home with love and care. It's wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning, Mona! Glad you're feeling better. I love your sweet home! That tree is just amazing! I don't think I've ever seen any as big!
    Thanks for popping in to see me,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm back, Mona! I had to laugh when you asked about Chloe Dawn! She's very happily waiting for me at the kennels. She just loves it there! I know it sounds silly, but she really does. The folks are so good to her and she runs to them when they come to take her! Little stinker! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos do show a home that is loved!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mona,
    What a sweet post! I love the tender care your giving this home and the beautiful touches to the front porch. I am so glad your starting to feel better and this was such a sweet tender story, loved it! Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can tell you are a sweetheart who has filled her home with love and warmth.
    Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mona, I too love your sweet home and everything you shared around it. Who cares about an old hose. Your home is lovely and full of love. Those cypress trees are huge.

    Hugs...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your home Mona! Sorry I have not been here lately...still under construction...(sigh)but getting closer. HOpe you are back to your sweet self...I have not been able to read much lately so I'm just askin! I absolutely LOVE those Cypress trees! How cool...I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have done a wonderful job with your home Mona. It's inviting and cozy. The cypress trees have such a classic look to them. I've always liked them. Would love to sit and chat on the porch with you.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your home is just perfect, and it looks as if it's "just right" for you! I LOVE those cypress trees... wow. They are amazing! I wish we had them along our property to screen us from too-close neighbors!

    Love this post -- so warm and charming, Thanks!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mona...your house is charming and those cypress trees are awesome! I have some along my backyard but I won't be here in 50 years to see them as big as yours! Thanks for the tour!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your little cottage, Mona. It looks to be very warm and welcoming. By the way, those cypress trees are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a really lovely post, Mona. Your new home is so sweet. I'm sure it will feel more and more like you were always there as you add your own charm. The flowers and roses are beautiful. Thank you for stopping by to visit me today at Mimi's Garden. Have a pe
    rfect week...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are just the sweetest. Your home is lovely and your roses are stunning. The front porch is so welcoming.
    Take care and enjoy your day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow those trees are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This reminds me so much of my Mom's home...you are making me miss California! I think any place that you make your mind up to be is home. It's all the personal touches and memories created that make it so special!

    Smiles, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your home is lovely, the landscaping is wonderful ... it says 'welcome'. How are you doing, Mona? TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have a beautiful home and you decorate with style! I am enjoying your blog and see that you have some of the same favorites I have! I became a follower, too! Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts! Your comments are very important to me.