I have had the wonderful Noblesse Oblige Award bestowed on me by SMART MOUTH BROAD and when I saw my name on her list...I sincerely thought she had lost her mind. I have known SMB since around last December or early January..and from the very first I loved her as much as you can possibly love someone you have never met..and probably never will, which is a lot. I am MUCH older than her and yet she is so much wiser than I was at her age. Actually she is probably wiser than I ever will be and at times seems to be the older of us. A line in a favorite song, comes to my mind. "I hear babies cry, I watch them grow..they'll learn much more, than I'll ever know.." SMART MOUTH BROAD helps make this "A Wonderful World." I know everyone who knows her will agree.
This award like all other awards comes with instructions and rules. They are as follows:
The recipient of this award is recognized for the following:
1. The Blogger manifest exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2. The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage, and offers solutions.
3. There is a clear purpose at the Blog: one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture, Sciences, and Beliefs.
4. The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:
1. Creat a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige award.
2. The award conditions must be displayed at the Post.
3. Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieve..preferably citing one or more older posts to support.
4. The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the award conditions.
5. The Blogger must display the Award at any location on the Blog.
Wise or not, I still think she has lost her mind...and at first I was frantic trying to figure out a way not to accept. My first thought was "flight!" and I began thinking of excuses and ways of getting out of it. Actully, I still am..but the more I looked at it ..being drawn to shiny or pretty objects as I am...I finally decided I would most humbly accept. (To be honest here..which is not always easy for me in such cases, I became more and more attracted to it. Then I became downright greedy about that lovely magical little ball floating above the hand.) I KNEW I didn't deserve it...but it was just so pretty..and after all..I MUST have some qualities or SMB would never even think of me. Now, I call that love..(or something like it!)
And so..as undeserving as I think I am..with a red face, I accept. Thank you, SMB for thinking of me. I will try to live up to it but again, being honest, I don't think there is a chance in hell that I can even come close.
I am passing this award on to Dena at SWADDLE COTTAGE because goodness and kindness and understanding emanates from her. In her very gentleness she shows strength and I admire her. I think her Blog has a purpose and it is clearly to give comfort. Dena is so dear to me. Always there. An amazing person.
Gloria at Happy to Be is another of my choices. She is another Blogger with a purpose..to have fun and make sure others do the same. I like that. She is loving and accepting and loyal to a fault. I love her to pieces..however...her blog is "Award Free". I didn't know this when I chose her..but ..after speaking to her..I completely understand. But..she is still my choice. That she knows how I feel is enough.
I would also choose Blue Ridge Gal..but she would hit me over the head with her camera and her snappy fingers would probably throttle me..and besides she has posted "NO AWARDS" but I love her anyway..LOTS!