Sunday, May 10, 2009

~AN ANYTHING BUT BLUE MONDAY~

I finally did it. I bought some wicker for our front porch..and..I also bought some extra large chair pads to make them ultra comfortable. Guess where T and I will be on a summers evening..sipping ice tea?


(In front of the TV watching the evening news and then straight to the computers or to read...curled up in air conditioning ...all cool.) Smile...you betcha!

Do you see that large blank wall area on the left of the chair? Well, my new house number is going to go there. Penny at Lavendar Hill Studio is making one for me and I can't wait!! It's going to look beautiful!

This is a plain little track home..but it has been well cared for and when I am through it will be the sweetest little cottage I can possibly make it.

I have lots of flowers, roses and vines planted..and when the two redwoods get bigger in a couple of years..


It is going to be something to slow a bit for when they drive down the street. Can you see those little scrawny trees way over there..lean in and look real hard! That's ok, I can hardly see them either!

I planted Potato Vines, two of them, and three rose bushes. I thought the Potato Vines were white..turns out they are yellow. I was SO pleased when I saw their blooms!


I love, love, love ferns!


I decided to hang
one of those cute wicker baskets onto the mail box. I also painted a clothes pin white to match..but..it disappears..so today..out comes the white spray paint!






I love bunnies and this one is over two feet high I think. A gift from my daughter. The flowers are hiding him...I must get out and clip them out of his poor little eyes.





It is cozy..and comfortable..and isn't that what it is all about?

Have a beautiful, anything but blue, Monday! Except if it is blue and white china...or something like that...and if that is your "Blue Monday" I will be over to visit you! Love that blue and white!!
Love and smiles~
Mona

P.S. I just wanted to add this. Have you ever decided you wanted to get a new post out and the hour is late because you have been visiting..and looking..and composing, and suddenly it is some hidious hour? I did this last night. I have had this post on hold for days and wanted to just get it out there...however...then I began to notice all sorts of errors. So..in spite of the hour, I started correcting them. Then I added a couple more pictures. TOO much so I deleted them. NOT enough so I added..and finally said a bad word. Wrote my closure and turned this confounded machine off and stomped off to bed! However, last night I REFUSED to get out of bed and take one last look. SOME postscript! At least I am not deleting the whole like I used to do...constantly!

21 comments:

  1. Hi Mona! What a charming home and garden. I can see the love you put into it. The little bunny ears peeking through are sooo sweet. You certainly have a green thumb, I wish I did. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just recently bought some wicker furniture for one side of our large front porch and I'm so happy!

    You're doing a fabulous job at fixing up your 'cottage' Mona, and I know it makes you happy doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't look like a plain little track home at all. Looks like the perfect little cottage. Your new wicker is the perfect touch for that great porch. Your yard and flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wicker. Your cottage is cute with all those pretty flowers and those cute little statues peaking out.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous patio. Everything is just so pretty. You have done a wonderful job. Your home is really lovely and has wonderful curb appeal. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning, Sweet Mona! Love your wicker! I almost cracked up when you asked where we'd think you and hubby would spend your evenings! :P A gal after my own heart!
    I love your home and love seeing all you're doing to it.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wicker! I also liked how you fessed up about sipping your iced tea out there on a hot summer night! ;) Your yard and flowers are just lovely, you might surprise yourself and take in a few sunsets out there after all!
    Wonderful post! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely. So peaceful and inviting! Love the white wicker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GM Mona...looking good my friend..Love your wicker on the porch...wicker to me has always just said WELCOME..Hope you had a great Mother's day my friend...mine was just super...just what I needed after this past week...Have a wonderful day Mona, love ya sis...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  10. You appear to have a blissful eyefull at every corner. I love how it's filled in around your pink bunny. I have two large bunnies that welcome you to my sparse front door. Hubs wanted to put one in the actual garden we are beginning to build up. I just don't think I can part with them from their area. I'll think it through... maybe they would look nicer amongst the rosemary, roses and lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful garden You have! I relly would like to have reedwood here too, but they wouldn´t cope for long here. And those chairs!! Must look if I can find some over here.
    have a great day now!
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Mona..your home and garden is just lovely. I would love to be able to grow flowers such as this..between my BROWN thumb and dry, hot West Texas, I don't think we have a chance....
    I love your wicker...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mona, your gardens are simply exquisite ... & that wicker just adds so much to your porch. What a wonderful job you are doing fixing the house up with lots of style/class.

    Chat soon ~ TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  14. I started my post for today last night. Then started playing a game with my mother, son and DIL. Pretty soon it was late (10:30 is late for me). So off to bed. Couldn't go to sleep, so I got up and finished my post. If I hadn't, I would have had it running through my head all night.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your new wicker furniture. It looks very nice and comfy. That little angel statue is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Charming... Lovely... all that good stuff!

    Anyway, visit either the family or tablescaping blog. You're quite welcome at both! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your wicker chairs, Mona, and if you don't feel like sitting outside on them, at least they LOOK pretty!! ;-D

    Your home and plants are beautiful. I think you can dress up any home with a nicely manicured lawn and some pretty flowers. I love all your statues and pretty pots and I am a big fan of ferns as well!

    Hope you have a great week, Mona!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mona! You're so funny LOL. Most of my posts are at "hideous" hours now too; both in the am and pm LOL. I love your wicker! It looks so nice on your porch. Having a porch is so sweet :) I love all your plants and flowers! They frame your house so nice like...a good hair cut! LOL. I'm sure someone has made that connection between landscape and hair before haha. I like your little wicker basket it is tres chic :)

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great blog you have, I have enjoyed my visit...very pretty and great photos...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mona,
    I can't wait to see your mosaic house numbers hanging on your home. They will look great next to those beautiful chairs. The mailman picked it up yesterday, so it is on it's way to you! I too have a bunny peaking through some plants. Your flowers and garden furniture all look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts! Your comments are very important to me.