Sunday, August 17, 2014

~IT HAD TO END...~


 For three days they sat on the dining room table...looking neglected, lost, without a home.. PH was beginning to look at me funny.  I had to do something before the kids came by!  You KNOW how daughters are.  "WHAT ARE YOU going to do with ALL those dishes, Mom??"  That would be the first thing out of their mouths!   Piles of dishes..something had to be done!

I just bet by the title, you were expecting something spicy weren't you?
Gotcha! :)
 So,
yesterday I began finding a place for them.  Much easier than I thought it would be!
  I tend to procrastinate.  Not always...just sometimes.

 First I replaced the Old Country Roses tea set in living room with my new Rose Chintz..
Ahhhh...much better!
I've already changed this since I posted this picture.  :)  Ever changing world around here.

I moved little knick knacks off this shelf and placed the Old Country Rose teas set here on this top shelf..
Pardon the flash..but it's two in the morning and rather dark in the family room.
Yep another "sleepless in Riverside" night.

Another shelf...a little rearranging and PLENTY of room.  Today I found a lovely 13 1/2 inch platter in my Rose Chintz pattern, and it will be placed where the Secret Garden book is now.  I found it to replace one of the platters that were broken en route.


The second tea set fits perfectly right on the dining room table.  Love it!  Plus, I sat out the place settings..
Will finish off with napkins, maybe some silver..this set goes beautifully with silver...AND I have those pretty grapevine chargers......nice for Fall through to Christmas.  The fruit bowl ..gone to the breakfast bar..
Obviously I am not good at staging my pictures.  :)

Now all I need is my chargers, silverware, glasses, cups and saucers, food....and company.
(Does anyone ever use all those dishes?  We don't!  Just for now..)  So..well, I do need to find another shelf or two.. hmmmm...I can do that.


Then, I found a LARGE basket in my shed of "stuff" and lined it with linens and placed the dishes inside all soft and cozy.  They said "thank you!" :)  WHAT?  You don't think dishes can talk??!
I'M TELLING CHIP AND HIS MOM!!!  Walt Disney wouldn't like to hear you say that either!!
:)
I wrapped a bit of pink braid around the handle..added one of the large tea cups tied with  crocheted lace
to the top of the basket.  Ah la Penny...
The tied up tea cup idea came from Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home
(I could NOT get her link to work.  I tried and tried.  I'm sorry Penny!)

The problem?  Yes..there is one.  

Well, heavens, it's obvious!  What's to happen when FALL arrives next month?  
Halloween???  This hardly looks Fall or Halloweenish.

Now look, be nice.  At least the dining room table is (almost) clear.  Besides I still have shelf room up there..just gotta move a few more "things".. 
Looks more Easter than FALL doesn't it?...shoot!!
Love, 
Mona

P.S.   Oh..now don't go tell me you will not be adding any more dishes to your homes because you are plum
out of room!  I don't believe that for a moment!   I need a wire basket, don't you think?  
HUGS! :)

23 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous set of dishes. I just found your blog and am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always room for one more stack of dishes. The only thing is. Have you got room for all the people if you had to feed them all together..... Your little basket of dishes and cups look gorgeous just like you. Enjoy.
    Hugs kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LUV dishes in a large basket...hahhaa..I am looking at one of MY baskets that has my blue and white dishes in it....We bloggers...so alike in so many ways. I love it.
    Love you, too. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. chuckle, chuckle You are something else. As always make my day kinda blog. By the way, I see another crochet tablecloth as well as those lovely Dolies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Invite a crowd, have a parti, get some serious ring toss games going on that side lawn of yours, make em work hard with prizes for winners n losers - then eat and use all those dishes, eh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do have such lovely dishes, Mona, and I so enjoy seeing your styling. But, for me, one set of dishes will do and even that set is way too many for us. Yes, perhaps another basket😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dishes, and roses are timeless, so it doesn't matter what time of year they are present in our lives.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Mona! You are just too cute. And such a gifted home decorator. You have worked a little miracle finding special display spaces for your new crockery ware. Everything looks so pretty and harmonises perfectly.

    You have so much energy and enthusiasm, it's no wonder you are already planning your Autumn decor changes. You would be horrified to know that very little changes in my home from season to season. My decor, such as it is, remains fairly constant. How boring, I hear you exclaim!

    Big hug
    Des 🌺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really very pretty dishes . . .
    How many place settings complete, chip free???

    October is a month or more away . . . You'll be already for the "fall, Halloween change up" by then . . . Take the pink out, Halloween in . . . or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the way the basket looks.. and the way you are using the dishes for decorations, not just putting them away in a cabinet.. my post today shows you what i wish my house looks like... you might laugh when you compare. picture the basket in my kitchen of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. -chuckle- You are so cute!!!

    And because you are so cute, you can get away with all your dishes.

    Right?

    Right!

    -grin-

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  12. You found a place for all those beautiful dishes. I love the idea of the basket of dishes. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love wha you did with the dishes! i never would have thought of using the basket but it looks wonderful especially with the hanging tea cup!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your idea of placing them around the house! Your dishes are too lovely to just enjoy in one room or cupboard. I love seeing them in a big round basket...I'm going to hunt up the biggest basket I've got and do a dish vignette. I think that I may be on the edge of having too many dishes...confession time....I have big shelves of dishes out in the tea room that I haven't shown anyone! Everyone has been asking me to show photos of the tearoom that I started in early spring and this is one of the reasons that I haven't done it yet. I know when I show these shelves I will get many comments of "that's alot of dishes"...lol! Have a wonderful week Mona...hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hereby christen you The Queen of Dish ala the title of your previous post. No matter if you have room or not, those dishes are beautiful. If you decided you could part with the chipped pieces you could put a cup and a saucer in a cute basket with some tea packets and something to pretty up the basket and put a tag on it called Second Hand Rose. I bet they would sell like hot cakes at the restaurant.
    Most of us collect something and it just makes you feel good to be surrounded by what you love. My closets and cabinets are full with things I couldn't live without and some I still love and some I could part with.
    Whatever makes you happy..so enjoy
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done! And very inspired. I really do not have room for another dish in the house, but I am glad that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is quite a collection of dishes you had to find a place for, Mona. I like what you have done with them, especially putting some in a basket with lovely linens...showcases both so well.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad that you found room for your dishes. I have way to many, but I love them.
    I love the dishes they are so pretty and I am so glad that I got to see them in person.
    Have a great week Mona.
    Hugs
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so cute. There is always room for one more - right? I bet your home is so pretty. I would love to see it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mona, Maybe you could get some white and some pink pumpkins(made of cloth) and your beautiful dishes could sit out longer. I love the basket full, so pretty. I adore the teapot napkin ring. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  21. They look lovely and I'm betting those girls will be asking to "borrow" that set! You display everything like a professional..so enjoy! Fall is still far enough away to sit back and enjoy the roses. However, on Saturday I visited a favorite haunt of mine to use up a gift certificate and left with 2 fall items! Jack just laughed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I knew you had places for all those dishes before they ever arrived. Basket is a good and clever idea...Don't start worrying about Halloween and fall yet...you have some time left. Might use burgandy as one of your fall colors with dark green to keep using your dishes for fall. I am quite sure you will figure it all out. You always do. Sleepless in Riverside....sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Honey, I'm callin' Dishes Anonymous ASAP!!!! Heeehehehe!

    Sweet Mona, only you could come up with a basket full of dishes so eloquently. You're so stinkin' creative girl. :o)

    Your home reflects your beauty my friend.

    God bless and have a most excellent day sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts! Your comments are very important to me.