Monday, April 14, 2014

~BEGINNINGS AND ENDINGS..


....it was time to call it a day..
Last night, PH's eldest grandson got married.  Would you believe we actually got out on the dance floor..and my sweet husband crooned " Unchained Melody" in my ear!  It was lovely..romantic. 

 Here we were 77 and 80 years old...me widowed twice and him once.  Lots of heartbreak and yet here we were ...helping celebrate a new couple just starting out..
It was a precious evening.
It went so well..and then an awkward moment arose.

There we were..dancing, lost in our little world of a beautiful song..the music ended and before we could get off the dance floor..
the DJ pointed us out and said into his mic..."How long have you folks been married??"  
We froze!
We looked at one another...speechless for a moment..and then I said.."Well...actually just six years but there are circumstances..."   The poor man looked shocked and a little embarrassed.  I don't even remember what he said.  I just remember getting off the floor knowing that everyone there probably thought we were a very old divorced couple...who knows.
So...should I have said "Well..between the two of us one hundred and one years!??"
I sort of wish I had.  

 They had a photo booth and PH and I found our way into it.  I ruined the first set of pictures by hitting the cancel button...so we had to go back when we found out and do it again.
The hat?  One of many they had in a box there so I popped one my head.  PH had a top hat on..but it fell off or something.
I LOVE HATS! :)  

By this time we were beginning to wear down..fast!  Shortly after these pictures were taken, we stumbled to the car and went on home..
Today went by in a blur of saying goodbye to his daughter who was here from Maryland for the wedding.
Since I didn't get to sleep until about 4 this morning...I am off to bed.  It's been a long and hectic week.

The pictures are pictures taken of pictures because dummy here does NOT know know to get them onto the computer.  So I took pictures with my camera  and did it that way.  
Ho hum!  You cannot teach an old dog new tricks they say.  
I now believe it!  

I did a darn good job camouflaging my black and blue right cheek from an infection I am fighting.  The doctor said NO MAKEUP and of course...being me..I obeyed him!  :)  HA!   
I never get by with anything..so believe me, I will pay the price.  
I just could not go to a wedding  looking like I'd been in a cat fight!  At least the swelling has gone down.

I love weddings...and yes, I always cry.  That was our Sunday.  
Bless all of you for your support and kindness to me.  
I am so blessed to have all of you in my life.
Love,
Mona

33 comments:

  1. Oh, Mona- You and your hubby look just darling and you both don't look your age! What sweet fun a wedding is.
    LOL- You should have said you were on your honeymoon when they asked how long you had been married....lol

    God bless you- Get some rest!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mona, how special. You and your honey look so good and I am so glad that you had a wonderful time.
    I always love weddings and also cry.
    Rest up and have a wonderful Easter dear friend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weddings always make me cry too, it sounds like you enjoyed this one."One hundred and one years" now that would have been a perfect answer:) Hope your cheek is better today. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mona, you and your sweetie look just adorable!!! Weddings....awww, they make me cry too! Take care of that cheek, Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both look gorgeous! Love the hat!
    Tell anyone who asks about your black and blue spot that you won that fight. Say you should see the other guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two look sweet and happy.

    I hope your cheek is feeling much better.

    I always cry at weddings too.

    Have a lovely Easter ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, Love, LOVE . . . the photos . . .
    Have that one hundred and one comment tucked within in case ever again you are asked, "How long have you two been married!" . . . (I liked your truthful answer though!).

    The reason the DJ asked was because he saw HAPPY, LOVE, TREASURED . . . why is it people want to put the number of years on with what they are witnessing.

    Oh well . . .

    I am thrilled you were able to attend the wedding. You look beautiful, really beautiful . . . and your PH is such a handsome one . . .

    Aren't those photo booths fun!

    Now take extra special care of that infection . . . your beautiful face will appreciate your care!

    I love you GIRL . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can't see anything at all on your face! you did a great makeup job!!! you both look so happy. i'm so glad you went!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful photos, Mona. You look absolutely gorgeous. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wedding, dancing and another lovely memory made! You are a dear Mona....happy that you danced at the wedding.....isn't that magical!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mona, I am so pleased you enjoyed your night out with hubby. They can be a paibn at times, then other days so wonderful. I wish yoiu many more years to come with him.
    Barbara
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your gorgeous PH and you look so happy and radiant. Can't even see a glimmer of brown and purple.
    I'm so glad you enjoyed a wonderful celebration of a grandsons wedding.
    Big Hugs Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds So glad you danced! Love your pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always cry too:) Funny how it is such a happy day and yet I CRY? Oh well, I am happy that you guys had a wonderful time! I pray that the newlyweds have a long and happy life! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you are so cute!

    77 and 80. That's what we are! :-)

    Sorry that that magical dancing moment, was "messed up a little," by the DJ. -grumble- Oh and I do that, thinking-of-the-perfect-retort, an hour too late, tooooo. Don't we all?

    Anyway, rest now, from all the excitement and fun, of the weekend. Isn't it nice, at our age and time of life, we can rest!

    Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look wonderful Mona and so does you hubby. So glad you were able to get to the wedding and that you had a great time. Take care of the infection. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet! Glad you got to go. I always cry at weddings too. LOL! I wonder why. Love you girlfriend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You and PH make such a sweet couple...and I would have guessed you to be in your 60's....certainly not close to 80! I would have wore make up too...and suffered later! Take care....hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  19. your pictures of pictures came out really well... and you both look happy so that is a good thing. if i forced Bob to go to a wedding he would have a big scowl on his face.
    i bet that DJ was in shock, silly him for asking... i like the fun factor of answering 6 years

    ReplyDelete
  20. You two look fabulous and you look especially fabulous. Such a fun time and the dance sounds wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darling pictures! As far as the pics...you can just scan them to a picture file. You can do it, because I can!! What special memories you made for your 101 combined years of marriage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look beautiful, Mona, and there's no way you are 77! Really?? I would never have guessed that. I am 68 and I'm hoping 70 will be the new 60. You've just proven that it is!! You both look wonderful, love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I meant to add that I love Unchained Melody. I think it's my all time favorite song. It was popular when BG and I were first dating.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you stole the hat and kept it for yourself.. It's awesome on you! Treasure that photo all the days of your life and put in on this year's Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Look what a handsome couple you make! Happiness is in your smiles AND your eyes! I love your hat and pretty outfit. You are the best my friend! Lots of hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  26. PS I think what Nana Diana said is what you should remember....we're on our honeymoon! PERFECT! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope I look as good as you do at 77. That was a complement from the DJ - but I know how you feel - but people who care know.

    I love those pictures of you and hubs. You look like a great couple. God has been good to you.

    You two have MANY wonderful blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You two look so cute! I love the pics! I'm glad you had such a good time at the wedding. I think you should have told the DJ you were just living in sin! Ha! Have a good week and take care of that infection!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are a beautiful couple. Looks like a match made in Heaven. Maybe you had a little help. Glad that you had a nice time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your pictures are so beautiful and neither of you look your age. How sweet that your honey danced with you. My husband and I danced to "Unchained Melody" for our wedding dance. Too bad we never think fast enough when put in a situation. I've been married for 7 years (for the first time), but my husband has been married before. When my stepson was visiting, my husband told someone his son was 28 and he had been married for 5 years. The woman gave him a strange look and left fast.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi, Mona....love the cute pictures...and, I, too, love hats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts! Your comments are very important to me.