Sunday, December 9, 2012

~NEW QUILTED SPREAD MAKES ME SMILE~

Bedspreads are something I seem to keep and keep for years and every time I make the bed I swear I'm going to buy a new one.  YES!  And soon..but I don't.  When I finally say..that's it, I'm getting a new one and go on the hunt for one, I can't find what I want.
 
For one thing, at my ripe old age I still haven't a clue who I am!  (I have GOT to stop saying that because when I'm 80 I'll look back and think how young I was.  I never, ever learn!)
So..as I was saying, it's hard to find what I want. 
I finally chose this one...
 
I finally chose this one..I found it on Amazon.  I have a California King bed so it's always a challenge finding a quilt to fit and though this one was not a California King, after I read the comments on it, I gambled and it worked perfectly! 
I found the afghan (pure white and just beautiful) on ebay and got it for $10!  I love it.  I found it about five years ago, it washes beautifully.  All hand crocheted.  I felt sort of guilty when I won it. 
The roses I found at a thrift store and they are old.  They are made of some sort of neat woody like material. 
I could have done a better job making that bed..heavens!
 
I found this old trunk in my best friends attic when she bought her house.  That was in the late 1960's.  She wasn't into an old rotting trunk at the time..and I was.  Took it home, aired it out in the sun for a few days and wall papered it witha scrap of paper someone gave me.
  It got pretty banged up after my last move and  I need to touch it up.  I probably won't..but I should.

The quilt was very inexpensive and the blocks are no just a print..they are actual quilt blocks. 
The quilting is done in a pretty pattern.  Very generously sized too.
 
Ok...that's enough thrills for you!  :)  Can you tell how well I prepare for picture taking?  Ah well...
 
 
Lov'n hugs,
Mona


14 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

nothing like a comfy freshly made bed! how pretty!

Theresa said...

Love the look:) I have a California King also and it is always a "dance a jig" kinda day when I find stuff to fit! Quilts, LOVE quilts!

Perhaps it it the text color that is blending with the background color? Not sure!

Have a blessed day dear Mona, HUGS!

Jo said...

I love the quilt! Looks like something I would have in my room!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
yaya said...

I could be a hoarder of linens...bed linens, table linens..you name it! Love your quilt..it's you! You may not know who you are, but I do and I think your wonderful..Good choice for your lovely bedroom!

Gail said...

I love it!

I know who Mona is. She is a gentle, sweet, kind lady who never wants to make a ripple and would give you the shirt off her back if she knew you needed. I know, that wasn't what you were talking about. Who says Mona can't be a different lady every day?
That would be fun.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SaucyKod said...

I remember the quilts we had at home, made by my Mom with her own two hands. When someone/friends got married or had a new baby, my Mom always made them a quilt. I still have 3 of her quilts. This is indeed a beauty and looks so elegant Mona. Great choice for your bedroom.

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

I love it- it looks great in your room. I think I have the same one in the guest room up at the cabin.. it looks just like it and I bought it from amazon too.. I'll have to look closer when we get up there in january.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your bedroom looks so cozy with your pretty quilt and white crochet afghan on the bed. I like the trunk, too. Everything looks perfect to me. I love handmade quilts and have a few from my grandmas. It got down in the low 20's here night before last. I thought to myself, I'll put the new quilt on the bed. Then it occurred to me that the new quilt is more than 38 years old. We received it as a wedding present. I don't take very many home decor pics for my blog, because there is always something dumb or messy in the way of a good picture and by the time I get it cleaned up or put right, I'm completely out of the mood/time to take the picture.

Carole said...

There's nothing like a cosy quilt to snuggle under! I love your bedroom - so cosy and welcoming.
Carole

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

You do know how to thrill a gal! Heeehehehe!!!

I love the warm cozy look of your new quilt. 'Makes me want to snuggle in for an warm winter's night.

I have a weddin' ring quilt on mine. Yep, I'm a hippie for sure and I've got the waterbed to prove it! Heated...no pressure points...wavelessly (new word for the day) wonderful. :o)

God bless and I pray your havin' a blast with this Christmas season doll. :o)

Kays Kids said...

I'm so glad you waited for your quilt until you found the perfect one. I love it.
Hugs