Tuesday, December 7, 2010

~Holidays...are here...

It's sort of hard to believe that the year is nearly gone.  I know a lot of others feel the same way...wonder where the time has gone.  Right now we are taken up with family. 
Well...today I finally finished decorating.  Tomorrow morning I will take photo's.  When I was finished  I stood back and thought....ok..I am stuck in the past!  No up to date new ideas, sparkles on the top of my tree like I wanted to try, I didn't even make new bows like I planned, and I had such GREAT plans!

I saw so many cute idea's out there when visiting other blogs...and ..well..you'll see.  It won't be long now and I will be putting Flamingo's on my front lawn and little plastic squirrels up the side of my house.... well..that's how I feel.  :)  
(NOT that there is anything wrong with that!!)


So..all I have today for your entertainment...is a couple of photo's of short cubby me  and some of my family taken on Thanksgiving Day.  

Daughter Mary on the left and Granddaughter Ireland on the right. 

Grandson, Adam, and his wife Cristina and baby Emily..


Me


This would have made a great Wordless Wednesday picture.  Baby Emily and Great Grandma.  Me.


And...of course Emily and her Auntie Natalia!




Emily with Auntie Ireland

End of family photo's.  Was that boring enough for you?...just wait until tomorrow.   I'm kidding.  No more family photo's.  Well..maybe just one.  If you decide to stop by..bring your hip boots.  :)

I keep trying to think of some sort of ..WOW thing to blog about..an adventure..teach you something.  But it's just the usual hum drum day to day living.  Isn't it great??!  Yeah, I thought so too.  It's always so nice that we are of like  mind...and if we aren't...you sweethearts never say a word.  Blogging is such a balm for the soul.
No...it really is!  No one ever calls you stupid..or tells you your house is...well..needs updating.. :)
Yep.  It's a good thing, blogging!

And..tomorrow...Christmas is a comin'....now I am off to get some blog visiting done if I can...
Then..off to bed..
Love,
Mona

17 comments:

  1. Being stuck in the past at Christmas is called Tradition! Sure new things are great but it's the things full of memories that make Christmas items special to me at least :)

    Can't wait to see your place. I'm sure it will look like a beautiful store or magazine picture. Your place always does.

    Hugs
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but this is the best family kind of Christmas! Your family can count on you being the traditional and reliable person in the family. The one they love no matter what! And what a beautiful family.

    Also, don't knock the pink flamingos. At my husband's office Christmas party the pink flamingos were the most desired gift item...really!( not sure about the squirrels tho~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how much your daughter, and more so, your granddaughter, Ireland, look like you. Precious!! And a legacy.
    I agree... you are steeped in tradition, Mona! Love it!!
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mona... What a lovely family.... And, I'm with you... A. Where has the year gone? ...and B. Why didn't I get all of the new Christmas things finished?? YIKES!

    Huggies,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Mona,

    Oh, you are such a pretty lady. We teddy bears know a pretty person, someone with a kind heart and you are on the top of the list. Honest.

    Oh, how could looking at your beautiful family be boring? I (all of us) would love to see more. Maybe some Christmas pictures. (o:

    Having you as our friend has enriched our lives.
    I know, I am just a bear, stuffed with fiberfill, but M did stuff me with lots of love.

    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mona -- You have a beautiful family..thanks for "introducing" us. I love the older traditions of Christmas (that's where all the memories are!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet family photos Mona. Mary and Ireland look like sisters! I spent all evening blogging and visiting. I went to bed at 11, better than when I was so hooked I was doing it till 1 or 2 in the morning! But I'm still feeling that blogging hangover as Hubby gets up at 4:30. Country Boys! The learn such annoying habits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely family...Your family has great genes...your daughter and granddaughter look more like sisters than mother and daughter!
    I love a traditional Christmas, reminds me of when I was a child with all the anticipation instead of trepidation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your family is lovely,what a true joy Grandchildren are.Ireland has a gorgeous name and face!You my Dear look too young to be Great grammie.I also appreciate that the blog world is so kind,Esp. compaired to other social networking places like facebook.Why do you think that is?Well,have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mona, your family is gorgeous. Isn't it wounderful to have them around. Love all of your photos. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful family....and beautiful you! Blessings,Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you my dear Mona for sharing these wonderfull memories with us. Family is so special! I can see the love.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  13. There´s nothing wrong with traditions :-) I think Christmas is the time of year when we really don´t have to change anything :-) :-)

    I´m looking forward to see some photos then :-)
    Have a great day!
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emily is a absolute doll! And so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ya don't go changin' a thing dear lady. We love you just the way you are and always enjoy hearin' about your beautiful family and seein' your wonderfully charming home.

    God bless and have a magnificent day sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sweet...you are beautiful, sweet friend! Hugs! ♥♥♥ LOTS of HUGS! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. ♥ Beautiful Post!!! I hope to see you and Howard soon!!

    Love you,

    Natalia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts! Your comments are very important to me.